Together, we can make a huge difference.
We know the UWS model works: over 5,000 children have been to, or are attending, a UWS community school in Cambodia and Myanmar. And with 28 schools in total, of which 14 were built in the last 12 months, we’re gaining momentum.
So we’ve set ourselves some ambitious goals for 2015. Our plan, by the end the year, is to build at least another 20 schools and to reach over 10,000 of the world’s poorest children. This includes:
- Further school building projects in Ratanakiri, Cambodia
- Opening up operations in a new area of Cambodia, Stung Treng Province
- Expanding our operations in the Shan State, in the Tachileik region, Myanamar
- Continuing our reconnaissance and developments in East Nepal, with the potential to open schools in several villages by the end of year
- Of course, none of this happens without our brilliant Partner Schools, committed supporters and generous sponsors. Many thanks folks… looking forward to working with you all again this year.
For a little more about the UWS model, our 2018 ambition and the lives that, together, we can transform, please check out our hot of the press e-introduction to UWS.
This article originally appeared in the UWS February 2015 Newsletter. Subscribe here, and never miss an update!