We partner all our UWS Schools with more affluent schools from around the world. It is important to us that these partnerships are mutually beneficial and educational to all involved.
Many of our Partner Schools choose to use their partnership as a key part of their International Baccalaureate programme.
10 ways UWS can help bring your IB Curriculum alive:
A school partnership with UWS provides:
- Opportunities and resources that develop key aspects of the IB Learner Profile
- Real-life international links to “develop internationally minded learners who recognize their common humanity”
- Case studies, pictures, videos and assemblies to enrich students’ understanding of a different culture
- Tailored resources for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) Exhibition Element
- Links to a specific UWS School so that learners in Middle Years Programme (MYP) can make connections between their studies and the real world
- Context and content if students want to carry out their MYP Project on their UWS School
- Support for the Diploma Programme’s Extended Essay through bibliographies, pictures, videos and the opportunity to carry out interviews with key stakeholders at your UWS School.
- Read this Extended Essay on UWS by a student at The Red Maids School: A critical analysis of the work done in Ratanakiri province Cambodia by United World Schools, with reference to the philosophy of Paulo Freire” (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Opportunities to support students’ Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) work. Past students have devised fundraising events and developed learning initiatives as part of their CAS projects
- Links to other Partner Schools and their work with UWS and the IB
- Support to students and the school to visit their UWS School and see the impact they have had first hand